Museums and Community Collaborations Abroad

Welcome to Building a Transatlantic Bridge, an innovative project providing opportunities for collaboration and interaction for high school students in the Greensburg Salem School District and for high school students in Oberhausen, Germany.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Greensburg Teachers are gearing up as well

Hi Everyone: It's Amy Baldonieri - I am the Assistant Director for Advancement here at The Westmoreland and this is my first post to the blog. I have been meeting and e-mailing with Greensburg Salem High School teachers to get the project rolling this year. Returning to the project are Mrs. Audia and Mrs. Redinger and new to the project is Mrs. Grace, our French teacher, who will be traveling with me and curator Barbara Jones to Germany in November. On Wednesday, October 6, Mrs. Audia and I will make a presentation to the Greensburg Salem High School Faculty in order to recruit more teachers to participate in the project with their students. The centerpiece of this fall's activities will be a student-planned exhibition that will open here at The Westmoreland on November 19, when Stephanie Buchholz from the LVR Industriemuseum, along with teachers Mr. Bugdoll, Ms. Wiethaup and Ms. Zini will be visiting from Germany. The exhibition will then go to Oberhausen in January. We are all very excited about the coming activities for Building a Transatlantic Bridge. Although we are sad that Katie Barnard has left the Museum to become a teacher, I am glad that her departure allows me to travel to Germany in her place and experience this project first-hand. I have been behind the scenes since the beginning and meeting and interacting with the teachers and students will be a real treat for me! I look forward to meeting everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment